Years ago I was getting a coffee with a friend of mine. While we were waiting on the line she asked me, "have you ever tried matcha?"
I said "No." then she said, "you should try it, its so good and it's alot better for you than coffee is, and it doesn't make your breath smell bad." So in that moment I decided to try it.
I had no idea what it was but decided to go out on a limb and try what my friend suggested to me. And it's a good thing I listened to her because I love matcha so much that I drink it every day!
I would have also been missing out on a heaping pile of health benefits that I would not have gotten with drinking coffee. And that is what I want to share with you today!
1. To start, you would have to consume ten cups of green tea to get the same amount of antioxidants from what you get in one cup of matcha!
2. Then, matcha is gonna work on detoxifying your body by flushing out any unwanted agents remaining in your body.
3. Matcha also helps fight against cancerous cells, reducing the likeliness of getting cancer. It is said women should be drinking 2 cups of matcha a day to protect against breast cancer.
4. Matcha aids in weight loss. It contains a catechin called EGCG which boosts your metabolism and prevents the growth of fat cells.
5. Matcha heightens your mood and alertness. It contains L-Theanine which boosts alpha brain waves enhancing your cognitive ability, and mood.
I would have been missing out on benefits for my health like these every day if I hadn't been introduced to matcha. Now these are just a few of the benefits matcha has to offer. Try making a difference in your health today like I did. Your body will thank you.